Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A Day at School



A regular scene in room FZ22 with my 11th graders, studying Tennessee Williams' A Glass Menagerie. You can tell from the pictures that the students are just hanging off my every word; they've never felt so inspired by an English teacher in their entire lives. Well, maybe not, but at least they're smiling.







It was Twin Day for Spirit Week. Miss Chestnut (Stacy), Zeynep, and I were triplets. Zeynep has chosen me as her extended essay supervisor, and she is going to write about how Barack Obama is using the theme of hope and dreams from his African American predecessors in order to affect change in the U.S.. A girl after my own heart.

Notice the progression of emotions in these pictures as Naz realizes she has read the wrong 300-page book on which to write her extended essay.

No comments: