Saturday, November 8, 2008

Climbing...again








It's been way too long since I published a post about climbing...

Here are some pictures from a beautiful fall day at Karakaya (which means black rock, by the way). My friends, Annie, Mark, and their little baby girl, Annaliesa, whom I have been climbing with at the gym, joined Andrew and I. So did a herd of sheep from the local village. The leaves are finally changing color here; Autumn is a much longer season here than I am used to. Montana has had their first snow, and winter is on everyone's mind there. Here, the days are still bluebird Indian Summer-esque.











Andrew and I are going down to the Mediterranean coast over our next week-long holiday in early December to a world class climbing area called, Geyikbayiri. Hopefully, I can pronounce it by then, because I'm havin' a real hard time with it right now. Geyikbayiri is a red-limestone, extensive sport-climbing area featured in my treasured "Rock and Ice" magazine issue. I frequently fondled this magazine issue while in Montana, dreaming of my upcoming climbing adventures in Turkey, and even lugged it Turkey for some more fondling. We have been training at a local climbing gym every week. Needless to say, I'm excited.

3 comments:

Sara Boilen said...

Where is your Bleeping Helmet?!

Carrie Simpson said...

I bring it every time.

Autolycus said...

Carrie, I found your blog looking for information on climbing in Turkey: I am in the country at the moment, and looking to get back into it.

Is there a guidebook or set of details about the routes at Karakaya that you could point me towards? Would love to get some information on what's out there! Paul